Thursday 10 March 2011

Spam, Spam, and a Virus

Recently I have been getting a splurge of spam rubbish in my inbox. Moat are trying to sell me Russian wives or promising an oversized bedtime but this one was well disguised as a parcel notification and in a hurry I did something I have never done in 20 years and accidently opened it. Avira helpfully advised me immediately that malware was detected, then somewhat unhelpfully told me it was unable to access the file. Within seconds it had disabled task manager and was cheerfully hitting my Internet connection as I pulled the plug. That'll teach me for being a cheapskate and using a free antivius package, but it was the fastest infection I have ever seen!

So having had a happy day reinstalling Windows, and restoring files and programmes at every opportunity, there hasn't been much time for anything else So I though I would leave you with this Les Barker penned parody, sung by someone called 'Big Al' at a folk club somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer. I wouldn't know what to do to be honest.

    ReplyDelete